Pages

Sunday, June 5, 2011

Heroes Who Hunt Ghosts

Artist's Log: Net date 0611.5

After being impounded for what seemed like ages, we have finally gotten our clearance from the iOS council. I admit that after spending all those weeks stuck on the ipod-3 station, watching as our applications were rejected one after another, tensions were running high. We'd certainly expected some hardships along the way, but the particulars of this setback had been especially frustrating. We are free and clear to continue our mission though, and I've been preparing for this for days now.

Our next destination is the Ghost system, only a couple of genres away from the Gnome world. I'm relieved that for the first portion of our survey, I won't be needing to wrangle with our 3d workflow, cobbled together from little more than free ware and string. No, the first part of the survey is being handled almost exclusively by the 2d workflow that, while old and outdated, at least doesn't give us many surprises.

I've already managed to produce these images of some of their greatest heroes.


These proved particularly difficult, and while I am very pleased with the results, I do wonder what they might have looked like if I had gotten them in a different setting. I made several attempts to capture some images while they were in town, but all of the abstract artwork, heraldry and symbolic carvings in the background proved too cumbersome. In the end I was forced to settle for some images in their natural habitats, but I think they turned out just fine regardless.

I look forward to tomorrow, when I return to my studies of the planet's native life forms. Spooks, ghosts, things-that-go-bump-in-the-night is what I believe they are called by the locals.

No comments:

Post a Comment